The Geratherm® mercury-free glass thermometers are the only German designed dual scale glass thermometers that function just like a standard mercury thermometer but without the dangers of mercury or the need for batteries.
The substance that replaces mercury is a non-toxic liquid alloy called Galinstan making them a safe, accurate and cost effective alternative to mercury thermometers. The Geratherm mercury-free glass thermometers have successfully completed IRB sanctioned clinical trials at Oregon Health and Science University. They are available in several versions in both retail and clinical packaging.
The Geratherm SolarTherm Thermometer is also German designed and works using small solar cells for power and NEVER needs a battery.
Our Geratherm ColorChoice clinical digital thermometer is waterproof, with a jumbo display, automatic shut off available in both oral and rectal versions.
To learn more please click on the links below.
- Geratherm Oral and Rectal Thermometers
- SolarTherm Speed Digital Thermometer
- ColorChoice Clinical Digital Thermometers
- Mercury-free glass thermometer instructions for use
- Mercury-free glass thermometer pointers
- Consumer Report Article
- Mercury-free glass thermometer clean up suggestions
- Safety Data Sheet
- Mercury-free glass thermometer Clinical Trial by Dr. Linda Smith